Re: [Banshee-List] utf8 validation

On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 12:50 +0200, Dogacan Guney wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> The attached patch adds a new public class (UnicodeValidator) to
> Entagged. It has one public function (ValidateUTF8) which checks if
> the given byte array can be validated as UTF8.
>
> Also, id3v1 tag reader now tries to read the tag fields as utf8.
>
> With this patch, I can view all Turkish language specific characters
> in id3v1 tags.

I won't comment about the patch, but i think it's not a great idea to
support a broken mode for id3V1 tags. They were not meant to hold utf8
chars, only iso-8859-1, why not stick to the rule ? v2.3 can hold utf-16
data, and v2.4 can also hold utf8, why not use those !
Your portable mp3player probably won't read them.

My 0.2€

Raf