Re: [Banshee-List] breezy user needs help compiling 0.9.11

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 16:15 -0500, Jason Trickett wrote:
> I'm a Ubuntu Breezy user and am trying to compile Banshee 0.9.11. I'm
> stuck on compiling ipod-sharp-0.5.10 - I receive this error:
>
> checking for mdassembler... no
> configure: error: You need to install mdassembler
>
> Can someone tell me what package contains 'mdassembler'? It wasn't
> found in the breezy package/file listings.

Some variation on "monodoc".  I'm not running Ubuntu or Debian, so I
can't be more specific.

>  Also, and maybe a question I should have asked first - is there any
> way to compile Banshee without the need for compiling ipod-sharp and
> libipoddevice, since I don't own an ipod (yet)?

Nothing I'm aware of.  I could be wrong; there could be some
--disable-FOO.  ipod-sharp and libipoddevice are tiny, though, and
combined they build in 1/10 the time of banshee.  I'd recommend just
building them and dealing with the slightly higher overhead.

-Mark Gordon