Re: [Banshee-List] Compiling

> Notably, build-dep failed to install gnome-common, monodoc, and
> libmusicbrainz-dev, which I obviously did myself.  Oh well.

Well, build-dep installs what you need to build from the released
tarballs - you only need gnome-common for the autogen.sh stuff, which
isn't necessary for tarballs. Monodoc is only needed if you generate
documentation, which is probably switched off in the non-dev packages,
and libmusicbrainz-dev is most likely also not enabled in the package
apt knows about.

> Now I'm curious as to whether doing the build-dep was necessary.  It's
> a good job HD space is cheap these days! ;-)

Most certainly yes.

Martin