Re: [Banshee-List] Plugin method

A more general plugin framework is planned for Banshee. Currently the
only pluggable things are media engines and support for new DAPs.

With that said, what you may want to consider is just writing a simple
program that either interacts directly with banshee over D-Bus or call
banshee directly with commands like (which will handle the D-Bus side of
things):

banshee --play
banshee --next
banshee --query-artist

See `banshee --help' for a complete list of options.

Banshee exposes a D-Bus service for remote control and simple queries
against the current playing song. There is not an external example of
how to use this service, but the command line options basically do
that... use D-Bus to communicate with itself.

As for your custom hardware extension, that sound excellent. I'd love to
see photos!

Best of luck, and let me know if you need any more help.

--Aaron