Re: [Banshee-List] regarding the 'the'

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 09:34:40 +0100
Martin Probst <mail martin-probst com> wrote:

> > Maybe german also(Der, Die, Das instead of 'The').
> >
> > I dont know what type of gramma that is, but most of the languages
> > which have the 'the'-ting in front of the 'thing'(fx. 'the house'), could be
> > supported, I think.
>
> Well, in German it's called "Artikel", and it's in front of the "Nomen",
> afaik. Dutch would be "De" and "Het", French of course "Le" and "La".

...or "l'" (e.g.: "le arbre" is abbreviated "l'arbre").

In any case, I imagine we probably all agree that such
functionality should be a configurable option. I, for one,
would generally rather be aware if I've got at least one
(presumably) incorrect instance of a group's name in my
collection.

Perhaps there could even be a variety of options, for example:
  - Do nothing (current behaviour)
  - Explicitly alert the user, then (at the user's
discretion) either do nothing, or change the relevant ID3
tags / filenames / etc to a user-specified norm
  - Automatically correct in Banshee (as per the suggestion)

--
Nick Withers
email: nick nickwithers com