Re: [Banshee-List] iPod Nano issues

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 00:19 +0100, Thomas Brunner wrote:
> Hi
>
> Banshee seems to have a problem to figure out used/free space on my ipod
> nano. It always shows 2 of 3 GB used, but it's a 4 GB model and has now
> about 3 GB used.

This is a known bug, but it's purely a display issue.

> Maybe I should add, that this ipod has never seen itunes. I first filled
> it with gtkpod once or twice, but after banshee came out I sticked to
> banshee. I like the new update artwork btw. :)
>
> Another "problem": I usually forget to switch off the hold button and
> banshee then can't update the ipod, leaving me with an error message.
> Would it be possible to change that message into something like "check
> your hold button and try again"?

I never knew this was an issue. I thought the hold feature on the device
was for the device to only block events from the wheel. I'll test
syncing with hold on, but I don't see why it would be a problem: if hold
is on and the iPod shows up in Banshee, that means it was able to read
the device. Strange.