[Banshee-devel-list] Banshee interface question

Hey folks,

I wanted to keep this off the main ML because I don't want every banshee user asking for this alpha-pre-testing code that I wish not to distribute yet :)

Abock, you can probably answer this question best but if anyone could give me some pointers, that'd be great :)

I was looking to see if it'd be possible to directly modify the data within the Library source's treeview (from a plugin context) without entirely replacing it with a new widget. Specifically, I'm looking to see if a "browser" view could be possible from a plugin, or if it would be necessary to integrate such a thing in the core. Naturally, if it could be done thru a plugin, that'd be superb as some users have different ideas about how they want to browse their library and this way it could be kept in a plugin and out of the core.

I know how to do pretty much everything - querying the library for artists/albums/etc and making my own treeviews and such - I actually have all that mess written, and I can display it in a separate source view (see http://trick.vanstaveren.us/tmp/browse%20demo%20traditional.png). I just don't know how to happily interact with the library view and keep things sane there while making this a drop in replacement for the current view.

Any pointers would be both greatly appreciated and put to good use, as there are few banshee users out there that wouldn't kill for a plugin that can do this :)

Cheers,

Patrick

--
Patrick "Trick" van Staveren