[Banshee-devel-list] Equalizer Plugin and Patches

Hey,

I have hacked up an equalizer plugin for Banshee. As you will see
nothing is hardcoded :).

A screenshot:
http://i-nz.net/files/gallery/software/banshee-equalizer.png

I have attached:

1) PlayerEngine.patch - Implements the EQ/Amplifier functionallity.
Take a look at the patch it's self explanatory I think. Commiting this
won't break anything existing, because implementation of the virtual
members related to the equalizer/amplifier is optional.

2) helix-dbus-engine.patch + HelixEngine.patch - Adds the equalizer
functionallity to helix-dbus-engine and then in the HelixEngine
itself. I haven't had the chance to compile and test this due to the
lack of access to the helix CVS server (still).

3) banshee-equalizer.tar.gz - The Equalizer Plugin itself consists of
an Equalizer widget. The sliders auto-position in the middle when
moved. The Plugin takes care of saving, checking and loading the
equalizer preset at startup/exit.

4) banshee-engine-xine.tar.gz - My LibXine backend for Banshee, which
fully supports equalizer and amplifier. I attach this just in case you
don't wonna bother compiling helix-dbus-engine for a quick tryout of
the Equalizer plugin.To install and activate:

./autogen.sh; make; make install
gconftool –set /apps/Banshee/PlayerEngine –type=string xine-engine

A quick overview of the media engines and their equalizer/amplifier support:
* Helix - Only equalizer supported. I couldn't find anything in the
hxclientkit source in relation to the amplifier.
* LibXine - Everything works.
* GStreamer - I had a quick look, but it seems that neither equalizer
nor amplifier is supported in GStreamer 0.10.

The plugin won't load if equalizer isn't supported by the current media engine.

What do you think? Any comments, suggestion, reviews?

Cheers,
--
Ivan N. Zlatev

Web: http://www.i-nZ.net
GPG Key: http://files.i-nZ.net/i-nZ.asc
"It's all some kind of whacked out conspiracy."