Re: [Patch/GMime3 branch] Autocrypt

Hi Peter!

Am 30.11.19 16:38 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
In autocrypt_user_info(), sqlite3_bind_text() returns SQLITE_OK, but sqlite3_step() returns SQLITE_DONE
instead of SQLITE_ROW; so the user_info is not allocated, and NULL is returned.

I suspect that there is some lower-case vs. mixed case mail address confusion – can you please try the
attached patch (which enforces lower-case for all mail addresses; this is not strictly RFC 5322 compliant, as
the local-part shall be case-sensitive, but in practice it is).  The patch just changes the SQL queries.

*Before* re-trying, you should erase all “offending” records from the database:

<snip>
$ sqlite3 ~/.balsa/autocrypt.db
delete from autocrypt where addr != lower(addr);
.q
</snip>

This problem could /not/ occur in the old (master) implementation, as in function eval_autocrypt_attr() the
mail address was explicitly converted to lower-case.

Do we already have balsa gmime3 in the wild (so we should clean up the database as above when balsa is
started), or are we actually the only users so far, and can omit it?

Cheers,
Albrecht.