Re: [Patch] IMAP goes GIO

Hi Peter:

Am 14.05.18 19:40 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
Changed 'Security' from 'TLS required' to 'IMAP over SSL (IMAPS)' and now everything works! I use two IMAP
accounts, but both are GMail, so my testing is not broad. On the other hand, GMail always seems to be the
toughest test for an IMAP client!

Ok, cool…  Does GMail use session compression (i. e. the IMAP COMPRESS extension)?  I tested it here against
a vm running dovecot, and it /should/ work with GIO, but due to the bug I discovered, it would be cool if we
had a few more “real life” examples.

As I recall, folder-conf and mailbox-conf are a bit of a nightmare. Let me know if I can help fix something!

Hmmm…  Maybe an approach would be writing a new “server config” widget, covering the existing, almost
identical SMTP, POP3 and the various IMAP ones.  Not sure how this could be integrated with the current data
structures, though.  Any ideas?

Oh, and we should have the network monitor for imap, too.  I. e. something like a forced disconnect whenever
the connection is lost, and an automatic reconnect when it comes up.  More difficult than the implementation
for POP or SMTP.

Cheers,
Albrecht.