Re: Good compile: Solved: Meson config failure (sort of)

Hi All!

On 09/19/2017 08:50:39 PM Tue, Peter Bloomfield wrote:

Hi Jack:

On 09/19/2017 07:59:23 PM Tue, Jack wrote:
On 2017.09.19 19:29, Jack wrote:
On 2017.09.19 18:45, Jack wrote:
wiht-gpgme does not list "Possible Values" but does give the options under the Description.  I was using true or false,
both of which failed as above.  Using "yes" worked just find.

ninja build succeeded, and it runs.  I also noticed the copyright in the Balsa/About dialog is still 2016.  (There are
lots of old copyright dates if you just do a "grep -ir copyright *" in the source directory.  Maybe I'll put
together a proposed patch to update them.)

Run 'meson configure' in the build dir to see all the options, their possible values, and the current values.

Thanks for testing the meson build! I'm sorry you got burned by the 'yes'/'true' thing--I did too!

The current version is really a work-in-progress. I kept everything very close to the autotools version, so
that I could easily compare the meson files with the autotools versions. So I kept yes|no|path for the
options that allow specifying a path. If you look at meson_options.txt, you'll see that some options are
boolean, with true|false values, and some are strings, with yes|no|path values. I should change those to
true|false|path form, to avoid the issues that you and I faced!

Done.

The meson options should probably also be renamed. I understand that the with- and enable- prefixes of the
autotools options are disparaged; options should be structured so that the '-Doption=value' configure syntax
is as user-friendly as possible.

Not yet…

So, more changes are to be expected--thanks again for testing, and please continue to comment on the
experience!