Re: [GMime] More error information...

Consider it done.

Jeff

On 3/17/17, 2:02 PM, "Albrecht Dreß" <albrecht dress arcor de> wrote:

    Hi Jeff:

    Not sure if you have a wishlish for 3.0 and if it's still open...

    There are several function where it would be *really* helpful if they could pass extra error information,
in particular the stream-related ones where fs errors can occur.  Example: for
g_mime_stream_file_new_for_path(), it would be nice if it was

    GMimeStream *
    g_mime_stream_file_new_for_path (const char *path,
                                      const char *mode,
                                 GError **error);       // <------ !!

    like most other GLib functions (I today spent some time before I noticed the file I wanted to read with
this function had bad permissions - the NULL response was not /that/ helpful!).

    Yes, this would change the API.  But the API changes anyway I guess, and there is a trivial upgrade path
(just use NULL as error location) for existing applications.

    Thoughts?

    Cheers,
    Albrecht.