Re: Upcoming GMime 3.0 changes

So I took a look at the gpgme code in libbalsa, specifically the code that deals with prompting the user
about selecting a key to use for signing and/or whether or not to trust a low-validity key.

It looks like this could largely be done *before* calling GMime methods.

In the case of selecting a key, you could simply pass the fingerprint (instead of the email address) if the
key as the userid argument to g_mime_*sign().

The downside is that it requires some code duplication wrt key lookup, but that’s fairly minimal…

I could possibly add a GMimeSelectKeyCallback to GMimeCryptoContext or something for the select key thing…

I could possibly do something similar for making sure that the user wants to encrypt to a low-validity key.

Thoughts?

Jeff