Re: [Proposal/Patch 0/3] Using GIO for POP3

Hi Peter:

Am 06.04.17 02:58 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
Thanks for the patch! I'm using it, and I expect it to handle the next violating mail, but I don't expect to
get one for a week or so.

I hope so...  but more real-life testing is always better.  I use the new implementation since ~4 weeks, and
never found any offending message, even though I disabled my provider's spam filters (they are broken, and I
want to train my local spamassassin) for this account.

Would it be simpler to define MAX_POP_LINE_LEN as G_MAXSIZE? Or to keep the NetClientPrivate struct opaque,
perhaps NetClient could export NET_CLIENT_MAX_LINE_LEN, and define MAX_POP_LINE_LEN as
NET_CLIENT_MAX_LINE_LEN?

Although the result will be the same, IMO there is a logical difference between a /very/ long, but limited,
line length, and an unlimited [1], arbitrary length.  So I decided to use the latter to indicate that there
is no logical limit (see the documentation in net-client.h).

Cheers,
Albrecht.

[1] However, IIRC Einstein mentioned that "Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m
not sure about the universe".  Hmmm.... ;-)