Re: Please help access gmail with IMAP

Hello.
I'm still running the "less secure" configuration. Balsa works with that and I didn't make any further attempts. Nice to know it isn't really that much "less secure".

Gerardo

Normally I wouldn't bother following up such an old message, but I found this in my archive when searching for help regarding some new password problems I'm having, and it struck a nerve.  (I may post more about my new problem, but in a separate thread, if I don't solve it soon.)

I'm curious whether Gerardo ever got things working.  It's also interesting to see that the gmail "less secure app" issue has been around for that long.  Gerardo - if you see some other more recent posts to this list, it turns out that message means only that the application does not use OAuth2, which is something Google has been pushing for a while, but it appears to be debatable whether it is really at all relevant for a standard desktop application.  It's debatable (at best) whether it really indicates any security issue at all.