Re: Compiling from git - first error (fixed)

Hi Jack!

On 07/25/2016 12:10:53 PM Mon, Jack wrote:
On 2016.07.23 12:14, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Huh! When building from git, BALSA_DEFS includes "-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 ", which is then added to the $CC
invocation. Apparently some toolchains predefine _FORTIFY_SOURCE, so we need to change that line in configure.ac to:

 -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 \

Could you see if that fixes it?

Yes, that worked.  I've had a successful compile.  I'm not ready to test yet - I'll either set it up in a
virtual machine or have to make a full backup of all my mail.  While I don't think the new version is likely
to trash my mail, I'd rather not take that chance. :-)

Thanks for the feedback! That change has been committed to the gtk3 branch.

Just FYI, in case it matters, my current gcc is 4.9.3.

I'm on 6.1.1, but I used some of the 4.x versions without ever seeing that error. Google showed that others
have seen it with other apps, but I didn't find a root cause...