Re: [GTK3/PATCH] Improve multithreading support

On 2016.08.21 14:15, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
On 07/23/2016 11:08:43 AM Sat, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Hi Albrecht,

On 07/23/2016 09:54:55 AM Sat, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Hi all,

attached is a large patch which tries to streamline multithreading in Balsa.

Thanks for a great clean-up effort! It all works for me...

As I recall, the option to disable threads has been useful in the past, when the thread implementation had occasional deadlocks; I haven't used a non-threaded build in years--possible a decade! If there's no objection in a day or two, I'll commit it all.

No objections have been raised in about a month, so the patch has been pushed to the gtk3 branch.

Best to all,

Peter

Seems to work just fine. I'm currently using gtkhtml4, since I inadvertently trashed my webkit-gtk, and didn't want to take 14 hours to recompile it.

I've had a whole variety of strange email problems over the past month, but it turns out that balsa was not responsible for any of them, despite some of my initial reactions.

Jack