Re: distribution list question

Jack a écrit :
Hello again,

I use balsa in a mostly KDE environment, but keep my main contact list
in a vcard file, which Balsa handles just fine.  However, I'm now trying
to add a distribution list.  I can create one in vcard by simply adding
each address as an EMAIL: but the "TO" line has only the email
addresses, not the human readable name as can be included in a single
contact entry.  1) does anyone know if there is a way to do this in a
vcard file?  (I've searched, and not found anything that looks like it
would work.)  2) is there any chance (short of my coding it from
scratch) of getting Balsa to use the KDE internal contact mechanism?
(akonadi?  still KDE4 although if it's easier in Frameworks 5, I'll
wait.) 3) any other suggestions?

Thanks for any ideas.

I haven't tested it since I'm not yet on Balsa, but if it works like mozilla (seamonkey/thunderbird), which it should,

if the "name to display" field (at the top) has text different from the "electronic adresse" field (at the bottom)

then it should display in the format
name_to_display <electronic_adresse>

otherwise it should only display
electronic_adresse

(my install is in french, so the english names may be a bit different)

HTH

Jack

--
André