Re: Questions, please

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to Balsa!

On 02/11/2014 01:23:11 AM Tue, Jeffrey Needle wrote:
Just installed balsa on my Manjaro Linux system.

1.  When I ask for the help screens, by pressing F1 or using the drop down
menu, the help file cannot be found.  I'd love to find a list of shortcuts.

That seems likely to be a packaging bug.  Balsa uses the yelp system to manage its help files, and yelp-build
(provided by the yelp-tools package) must be installed for the files to be built.  That's for the packager to
handle, not you, unless you want to build from source.

2.  I want to use gnomecard for my addresses, as suggested in the
documentation, but it isn't part of the Manjaro repository.  Can I install
this on my own?

Balsa can work with several address-book formats, of which VCARD is the simplest.  Gnomecard is (was?) a
utility for managing VCARD address books, but you don't need it to use a VCARD address book with Balsa.

Best,