Re: New question on address list in compose window

Hi Jack,

On 06/17/2013 01:55:36 PM Mon, Jack wrote:
I know some things about the gtk3 version of the recipient list have been discussed, but I don't recall any
mention of whether it would be possible (and reasonable) to allow vertical expansion of that widget.  Right
now, I get just under three lines displayed.  If I am doing a Reply-all, and want to trim some of the
addresses near the top of the list, I have to scroll up for each address, as after deletion of one, it again
displays the bottom of the list.  Could a pane split be put between the recipients and subject?  Would it
work?

Yes, it could, and it seems to work!  Just pushed a commit to the branch to implement it.

As I recall, there used to be a grab handle to do this.  Not sure when it went, nor why.  All recollections
welcome!

I made  both the recipient widget and the attachment list expandable, because managing more than one
attachment is also currently a problem.  If you have no attachments, the list is hidden, and all the
additional space goes to the recipient widget, which is just what you want.  If you *do* have attachments,
the space is shared, which is rarely going to be exactly what you want, but perhaps acceptable.  Ideally,
with attachments there would be two grab handles to manage the address widget and the attachment list
separately, but that seems complicated.

One unexpected upside is that if you grab the handle and move it *up*, you can hide some or all of the
headers, and get more space for the content of the message, which could be useful on a small screen.

All reactions welcome!