Re: ANNOUNCE: balsa-2.5.1 released

On 2013.04.28 08:43, Pawel Salek wrote:
Hello everybody,

balsa-2.5.1 has been released with a next batch of goodies:

- new message header widget
- WebkitGtk2 widget integration
- ported to GNetworkMonitor
- yet another documentation port
- initial config assistant improvements.

I love it! I've just compiled, and it not only works, but it solves some problems I have been having for a while.

With the previous few versions, clicking to download images in the html view always crashed balsa. I've just tried every message I still have that did this, and they all display fine. I also had a bunch of messages with badly formed html which used to crash balsa - they all display fine now.

I'm using Gentoo, so if anyone wants a copy of the modified ebuild I used, just ask, although it was minimal changes from the portage version for 2.4.13.

One possible question though - I used webkitgtk, and the ebuild seems to specify using version 2. However, it is actually linking to libwebkitgtk-3.0.so.0 which I think is for gtk3, as I also have libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.0. I'll have to go back and recreate the configure logs to confirm, but if I'm right, it means I'm using gtk+-3.4.4 (the latest stable for me in Gentoo) which seems like another "good thing."

Jack