Re: Balsa can't download a mail with a long line, gets stuck in endless dup-creating loop.

On 10/29/2012 05:11:47 PM, Jack wrote:
On 2012.10.29 17:46, Rob Landley wrote:
...I haven't exited balsa to run my filters yet

You can run filters under menu "Mailbox/Select Filters"

If I could get Balsa to actually match a list-id tag, I would.

  http://landley.net/notes-2012.html#15-10-2012

I spent a couple hours trying to figure out how to phrase it and never got a single message moved out of the inbox (imap or local), so I gave up and wrote a python program.

It would be nice if I could get balsa to check how many new messages are in each folder at startup time without me having to click on each folder before it notices "hey, my cached metadata is stale!" and reparsing the mbox file. But so far, I havent' found a way to get it to do that.

(Balsa honestly seems to store total/unread message count in the ~/.balsa/config file, meaning it's rewriting this file constantly and a power failure or kernel panic at just the wrong time can make it forget where my mail server lives. Oh well.)

Rob