Re: decrypt and trusting certs

On 10/04/2012 08:10:57 AM, Ildar Mulyukov wrote:
On 03.10.2012 13:50:38, Michael Diener wrote:
Hello everyone!

I'm fairly new to Balsa, but so far I really like it. There is, however, one problem I encountered and haven't been able to solve so far. We use a self signing certificate in our company. Now the problem is, I can't seem to decrypt messages from certain people.

Should check build options. This implies at least the distro and package version or (ideally) the build log.

I did have to adjust the build options as the Debian package does not natively support S/MIME. The weird part is that I am able to decrypt a few messages. I can't really determine what works and what not. I don't think that it's a problem with the package on a build level as everything else works (encrypting messages works too).

The other thing I noticed is, that there are a lot of certificates which are valid, but I apparently don't trust them (VeriSign, etc.). It would be nice if there would be an easy way to trust all the authorities in /usr/share/ca-certificates (or something along that line).

AFAIK Balsa is using the user's GPG infrastructure (yours!) which is normally managed by some separate program, e.g. Seahorse in GNOME DE (can see as "Passwords and Keys" in app menu). So just do what you want in e.g. Seahorse and Balsa should normally "see" that.

I couldn't find out how Balsa is using my GPG infrastructure. So far, Balsa only used pinenetry (the program I defined in the gpg-agent.conf). Maybe I should try and remove that entry?

Anyway, thanks for the help! I'll try a few more things, but I'm actually really thankful for any answer!

Kind regards,
Michael Diener