decrypt and trusting certs

Hello everyone!

I'm fairly new to Balsa, but so far I really like it. There is, however, one problem I encountered and haven't been able to solve so far. We use a self signing certificate in our company. Now the problem is, I can't seem to decrypt messages from certain people. When I look at their certificate (in a signed message) it looks good and the lock becomes green (gpgsm --list-keys --with-validation also says it's good). I'm a bit at a loss here. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is and how to fix it.

The other thing I noticed is, that there are a lot of certificates which are valid, but I apparently don't trust them (VeriSign, etc.). It would be nice if there would be an easy way to trust all the authorities in /usr/share/ca-certificates (or something along that line).

Maybe some of you have a similar problem and were able to solve it. I appreciate every help I can get!

Kind regards from an excited user of Balsa,
Michael Diener

P.s.: I should note that I'm using gpgsm / S/MIME.