gtk3 compile problems

Hello,

After wondering why the main branch was giving me compile problems trying to use gtk3, I finally remembered how to check out a remote branch in git. Now I'm getting a bunch of pango related problems. Searching led me to http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-896464-start-0.html which basically says "Pango related errors are caused by >=dev-libs/glib-2.30 in combination with =x11-libs/pango-1.28*. Short version is that this version of pango is too old for this version of glib."

I have pango 1.28.4 and glib 2.30.2. I'd rather not try to downgrade pango, so I'm going to try their suggestion of removing -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED and -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED. However, before I get too deep into this, is this a known issue, or do I just have an unusual configuration?

Thanks.

Jack