New webkit crash

In trying to track down my problem with webkit hanging on certain emails, I recompiled webkit-gtk (1.6.3) with debugging on. Now, when I try to open any HTML message, I get a crash with

ASSERTION FAILED: m_currentItem
Source/WebCore/loader/HistoryController.cpp(111) : void WebCore::HistoryController::restoreScrollPositionAndViewState()
Segmentation fault

I have not yet run under gdb to get a backtrace, but I won't have time for that until later. In the meantime, if anybody has any thoughts, please let me know.

(Building webkit-gtk with debug on takes over 5GB of disk space, and at times ld uses almost my entire 3GB RAM plus around another GB of swap, so it's a non-trivial exercise for me.)

Jack