Re: balsa -s should not pop up the window

On 05/28/2011 09:09:06 AM Sat, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
On 05/24/2011 08:27:49 AM Tue, Ildar Mulyukov wrote:
	Hi, colleagues.
I just found out that
$ balsa -s
raises the window. This is obviously wrong: a script should be able to check the queue without interrupting a user.

Plz fix. Thanks. Best regards,
--
Ildar  Mulyukov,  free SW designer/programmer

Hmmm...OK, there *was* a bug: Balsa was sending the UNIQUE_ACTIVATE command from the instance running -s to the primary instance; fixed in gtk3.

But...the misbehavior continues!  You'll see the same issue if you click on a mailto: link in a web browser (if your default mailer is Balsa).  I thought I'd tracked that down in the libunique source, but can't find it now.  Don't know how to fix it short of migrating to GtkApplication...

Got it!  It was a bizarre consequence of creating Balsa's UniqueApp with a NULL startup_id.  Using a startup_id of "balsa" fixes it (both the status request and the mailto handler), but with who-knows-what other unintended consequences.  Can anyone explain the role of the startup_id?

Best,