FAQ : configure mime applications

Hi,

I'm not using the Gnome desktop but I have all Gnome libraries install
s.t. I could use the Gnome desktop.

When opening a postscript attachment, Balsa invokes Gimp (instead of gv
,e.g.)
Where can I set the applications invoked for certain types of
attachments? (AFAIK, it used to be gconf-edit, but that doesn't work
any more)
Furthermore, I can build the git-version without Gnome support, only
(On Gentoo that's the -gnome USE flag).

I have the same problem with 2.4.10 or the GIT-version of Balsa.

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut.

(P.S. I have gtk+ version 1, 2 and 3 installed.)