Re: I have an email that freezes balsa

Hi Jack,

On 12/01/2011 06:43:12 PM Thu, Jack wrote:
I don't know how much to worry about it, since it has only an html part, and there is actually an <image .....> before the <!DOCTYPE .....> and <html ....> but although I wouldn't consider it a really valid message, it comes from a dining rewards program associated with a major airline frequent flyer program.  I'm waiting for a response from them.

In the meantime, is there anything I can do to try to figure out where balsa is getting hung up on this?  I'll be glad to forward a copy of the message.  What balsa does is to display (correctly, as far as I can tell) as much of the message as fits in the current size of the window, and then it stops responding.  Doing an strace shows almost exclusively clock_gettime() and gettimeofday().  I'm using webkit 1.4.3-r200 and 1.4.3-r300 installed, but I'm not sure which balsa was compiled against.

You could run Balsa in gdb, then interrupt it (ctrl-C) when it hangs; you should be able to get a stack trace, which might help.

If you send me a copy of the mail, I can try it with webkitgtk3, which is at 1.6.1-1 in F16.

Best,