Re: balsa -s should not pop up the window

On 14.08.2011 05:38:48, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Hi Ildar,

On 08/12/2011 01:44:24 PM Fri, Ildar Mulyukov wrote:
On 01.06.2011 07:00:38, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Pushed to master and gtk3. Getting it not to spew .xsession-errors was a challenge, but it's working for me(!).
Peter

Peter, I think you did too much. Now
$ balsa -i
and
$ balsa
both do now raise the main window. I think this is the regression. Please get it back.

I believe that was part of the original single-instance design. If the user types "balsa" in a console window, he or she presumably expects to see a main window as a result, regardless of whether an instance is already running. Similarly, "balsa -i" is used to start a session with the inbox open, so the user presumably expects to see a main window with at least "inbox" open.

To my mind, the times when the main window should *not* be presented are "-s" (which should simply print the stats and quit, regardless of a running instance) and "-m" (which should present a compose window, and arguably doesn't require a main window). I suppose "-a" should be handled the same as "-m"; I've never used it...

Ouch! Peter, you write everything right. And I agree fully.
My letter has typo, that changes the sense fully: no_w _ should be read as no_t_. So:
both do _not_ raise the main window. I think this is the regression. Please get it back.

I fairly observe this. Do you?
Thanks a lot! Regards,
--
Ildar  Mulyukov,  free SW designer/programmer
email: ildar users sourceforge net