Re: balsa & Digests

On 04/15/2011 10:45:40 AM Fri, Jack wrote:
On 2011.04.15 00:08, Ildar Mulyukov wrote:
[abusive content] I just hate digest replies [/abusive content]

IIRC digests are letters with other letters as attachments.
What do you think of having those automatically extracted (in some way)? So that a user could answer a particular message, not the digest as a whole.
Ideally I see it this way: a digest could appear as a tree root (like in a threading view) with messages as branches.
What do you think?
--
Ildar,

I do like the idea, but every digest I've seen is just a big text message, not a set of attachments.  I never looked at the headers to see if there is any indication it IS a digest.  For me, the main advantage would be the ease of replying to a single message in the digest, instead of having to manually trim all the other stuff.

Jack

If the letters are attachments, you already have a rudimentary reply capability: right-click in the header box, and the pop-up menu gives you the option to reply (also to copy the individual message to a folder).  Unfortunately, it's 'reply to sender', not 'reply to Group', so you'd have to copy&paste the list address (awkwardly, as noted elsewhere!).

I don't recall how that reply option was implemented.  Having more of the 'Message' menu options would be nice.  But having all the attached messages in a virtual folder of some kind would be best!

Parsing a single text part like Jack describes would be more of a challenge...