new (?) KDE issue

Hello all,

I'm using balsa under a mostly KDE system, with KAddressBook to manage my contact list. Until recently, this was stored in a std.vcf file, and balsa could access it fine. After my last KDE upgrade, however, it seems that my contacts are actually being managed by akonadi, and stored in a MySQL database. I'm trying desperately to move them back to the file, but if I can't, that may not be quite enough reason to drop KDE. If so, does anybody know if it is possible to get balsa too get contact information from akonadi?

Thanks for any hints or pointers to discussions about this, even if I won't be happy with the results.

Jack