Re: Problems with balsa and att.net settings

On 2010.11.01 12:10, William Austin wrote:
(I hope this gets through - I recently tried to change my email address from waustin speakeasy net to airedad att net, and now I cannot get in with either address...)

I recently had to change my email address when my former ISP announced a significant price hike for my service (home office but need multiple static IP addresses). So I changed over to ATT uverse and now have to go through the att.net post office - I can receive email but not send.

My outgoing mailhost _MUST_ be smtp.att.yahoo.net:465 (port 465), and I MUST use SSL. (have tried with and without TLS - seems to make no difference.)

However, even though I enter this info (along with my user name and password) it looks as if my outgoing email is not using SSL. This is the only mailer I'm having trouble using, but I would prefer not to change (I actually LIKE balsa).

Well - this one came through, although I just got it today (11/4), even though you apparently sent it 11/1). I assume that means you got it figured out?

I'm also using Balsa, with smtp.att.yahoo.com:smtp as the outgoing server, and Use TLS set to "If Possible" so it's clearly possible. However - are you sure you mean smtp.att.yahoo.net, and not .com?

Jack