Balsa brings itself to the front on new mail?

Hi all-

New to the list, but didn't see this issue addressed in the archive.

I have balsa set to check for new mail on my IMAP mailboxes
automatically.  This works great.  Unfortunately, whenever I get new
mail, balsa makes itself the topmost window, changing my workspace if
necessary.  This is really annoying and interrupts my workflow, and has
happened twice already while I composed this message.

Is there a way to disable this behavior?  I can't find anything in the
GUI, and none of the options in .balsa/config look appropriate.  If I
have to patch the code and recompile balsa, I'm okay with that -- in
that case, where should I look, and what would you like the
configuration option called?

Thanks in advance,

-mike