Re: mailto::

Hi Geoffrey!

On 01/09/2010 07:17:33 PM Sat, Geoffrey Leach wrote:
I've noticed that recently some (many, most?) web pages htat have a
mailto link start a new instance of Balsa. I'm running Firefox 3.5.6 on
an up-to-date Fedora 12 platform. Balsa is 2.4.1.

Any thoughts?

That's Balsa from the F12 rpm? If so, it uses BonoboActivation to manage single instances, and that seems to be increasingly unreliable as it approaches deprecation.

One thing to check would be that /usr/lib/bonobo/servers/GNOME_Balsa.server is correctly installed, and that /etc/bonobo-activation/bonobo-activation-config.xml is set up to see it. Other than that, I don't know what to suggest.

If you build from source, you can enable libunique as a replacement for BonoboActivation--I've found it totally reliable.

Best,