problem with kaddressbook

I've pointed Balsa to my kaddressbook std.vcf file. When I open the file through one of the KDE apps, I see dozens of entries. When I open the address book in Balsa, I only see three names. I finally tracked it down that Balsa only shows those names with a EMAIL;TYPE=PREF:name host line. Most of my entries have only an EMAIL:name host The PREF is only there for names that have two email addresses.

Should Balsa show names with only a single EMAIL entry, or was this a problem when kaddressbook imported the original vcards, which were originally exported from Outlook?

Is my best fix just to manually add ";TYPE=PREF" to the other EMAIL lines?

Thanks for suggestions.

Jack