Re : Balsa 3.4.1 on Ubuntu

Le 26/11/2009 19:20:00, peterbloomfield a écrit :
Hi Laurent:

Off hand, I don't recall any change from 2.3.x to 2.4.1 that would slow down opening an mbox. Balsa uses a cache file to avoid parsing the whole mailbox--perhaps it was not found or not recognized. If that was the issue, it should open quickly again after that one slow opening--have you noticed that?

it does it a lot I have lenghtened the time to close the mbox after inactivity and that fixes it unless the time has passed I never notice this before. I thought maybe it was a missed option

I'll try a few things tomorrow.

Peter

--- On Thu, 11/26/09, Laurent Coudeur <laurentc iol ie> wrote:

From: Laurent Coudeur <laurentc iol ie>
Subject: Balsa 3.4.1 on Ubuntu
To: "balsa-list gnome org" <balsa-list gnome org>
Date: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 9:18 AM

Hi all

Just upgraded my system to ubuntu 9.10 from 9.04

So compiled latest balsa 2.4.1  after upgrading gmime
used the following options for configure
./configure --with-gtkspell

The odd thing is that whil in 2.3.8 opening the mailbox (mbox) now takes a real long time. did I forget something in configure options that could help ?

--Regards
-------
Laurent