Re: Another crash

On 06/28/2009 06:09:41 PM Sun, Geoffrey Leach wrote:
Peter, here's another crash report. At the time (see, I'm paying
attention!), Balsa was iconified with no windows open.

Now time for me to 'fess up, as I could conceivably be contributing to
the problem. I have a mail-processing ap that puts files into the 'new'
subdirs of folders for Balsa to discover. Perhaps that is contributing?

If you confirm that this is the same problem as previously, I'll add
the patch you sent.

Yup, looks like the same crash!

The mail-processing ap could be involved, if it moves the mail from your mbox-style inbox to deliver it elsewhere in the folder tree, although Balsa tries to be robust to actions like that by other aps. If the incoming mail never passes through your inbox, it's unlikely to be involved, as the crash appears to arise from the mbox backend, not the maildir backend.

Best,