Re: Compressed SVG images

Hi Jean-Luc!

On 02/28/2009 03:43:00 AM Sat, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:

Hi,

I've got a mail from a mailing list with a Compressed SVG image file
attached.
Selecting this message leads to popup with:
Error loading attached image: unknown image format.

The type is:
image/svg+xml-compressed, Codage : base64

If I click he attachement, it is correctly displayed by EOG for
instance.

So is there a mean to avoid this intrusive popup?

Balsa uses GdkPixbufLoader for image parts, and apparently it does not (yet?) support image/svg+xml-compressed. So the image cannot be displayed by Balsa. But perhaps the error popup is too loud: we could downgrade it to a warning, which is shown in the (non-modal) information popup.

Regards,