Re: Fails to sign a message after gnupg2/gpgsm upgrade

Hi Jean-Luc:

Am 26.08.09 14:02 schrieb(en) Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh):
I've updated gnupg2/gpgsm from 2.0.11-1 to 2.0.12-1 (Debian sid)

Since that Balsa refuses to sign a message, there is a popup saying gpgsm is unable to sign the message because the passphrase is wrong (the passphrase is cached in my case).

Hmm, that's really strange. It sounds a little bit as if the agent communication is broken. Can you please try the following:

- in a shell, run 'echo $GPG_AGENT_INFO' which should show something like "/tmp/gpg-EKhTLm/S.gpg-agent:<pid>:1". Verify that the pipe and the process (<pid>) exist; - from the shell, run "gpg --sign" which should pop up the passphrase dialogue (pinentry). If it doesn't, there is a communication problem between gpg and the agent; - if both above work, try to run balsa from the shell. If it works there, then the agent variable is not communicated properly through the window manager.

Sorry, this is probably not very helpful...

best Albrecht.