Re: Suddenly unable to log into Exchange IMAP account

On 01/04/09 20:58:31, Pawel Salek wrote:
> If you like, you can remove imap_auth_plain from
>
> static ImapAuthenticator imap_authenticators_arr[] = {
>   imap_auth_anonymous, /* will be tried only if enabled */
>   imap_auth_gssapi,
>   imap_auth_cram,
>   imap_auth_plain,
>   imap_auth_login, /* login is deprecated */
>   NULL
>;
>
> in libbalsa/imap/imap-auth.c and see what happens.
It successfully authenticates using LOGIN.

Now if I understand correctly using PLAIN and LOGIN isn't great, NTLM
also isn't great as it's a closed standard. GSSAPI doesn't seem to work
either but is supported in some way by both Exchange and Balsa. How
much work is required to bridge that gap? Or would I be buying a ticket
to a kicking?

Simon