Re: repeatable balsa crash

Hi Mario:

On 09/12/2008 09:33:46 AM Fri, Mario Mikocevic wrote:
Hi,

On 09/12/2008 03:00:07 PM, Mario Mikocevic wrote:
Appears to be working ->

Err, not quite ->

Oh, yes...it needed a bit more work! But I believe we're on the right track. Balsa guesses where to start parsing an mbox-style mailbox file after new mail has been detected, and apparently in some cases it's off-by-one. On two of my boxes, the guess is correct, but on a third it misses--and apparently it misses for you, too.

So svn has been patched to check the off-by-one possibility as well. It also currently has some debugging console output enabled, which should indicate which guess works (if either!). We'll disable that before the next release, but in the interim it could give some insight into what's going on.

When neither guess works, we have to back up over existing messages, and reparse part of the file. The crash you reported was caused by a failure to notice the reparsing--that too has been fixed in svn; the fix should avoid the SEGV, though it may lead to some warnings being popped up.

Best,