Re: smtp doesn't work

On 09/07/2008 09:48:21 PM, chris wrote:
I have tried adding :25 to the end of my SMTP server address. Gmail uses port 587 for smtp and it doesn't work either. My sent messages end up in
my outbox with an error icon.

Did you remember to specify the user name to use for SMTP submission? I think GMail requires an authenticated access. If this does not help, please run balsa from a terminal window, enable Debug check box in Preferences and capture whatever gets printed on the terminal.

Paweł