Re: Fedora moving to hunspell as the default dictionary

On 03/23/2008 04:01:16 PM, Craig Routledge wrote:
I just wanted to see if people were aware of this:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureDictionary

Although it looks like they might be keeping an aspell compatibility layer, if they don't we'll either have to support a hunspell build or mark aspell
as a required package in the balsa RPM.

I can only add that what Peter said work just fine in practice: our Fedora 9 builds have --with-gtkspell flag and that's it. We do not even need extra buildRequires... I have just checked it is possible to build balsa on Fedora rawhide without any references to aspell (With a small patch admittedly; I am commiting it to svn right now).

Pawel