Re: A feature request (or two)

On Nov 26, 2007, at  1:37 PM, Geoffrey Leach wrote:
[ snip ]
JWZ threading is definitely better, but not perfect.

Personally, I find JWZ threading annoying more often than helpful! I get a lot of messages about "Today's meeting" or "Test" which get threaded under the oldest of each kind, even though they're unrelated! A lot of mail effectively vanishes as a result :(

The UI would be simpler if it was just a checkbox for View:Threaded, with a radio list somewhere in the preferences:
Thread by:
[ ] References (local mailboxes only)
[ ] References and subject (JWZ)

As to expand/collapse on the fly, within a mailbox that works per thread, but not
per mailbox, which would be better.

Does View:Expand All/Collapse All not do what you want?