Re: Balsa exit with code 01 [SVN version]

On 2007-05-06 00:14, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Hi Nuno!

Hey Peter!

[snip snip]

These seem to be UTF-8 problems. I get the same issues with various spam mails. The attached patch is an ad-hoc, shot-gun approach, cleaning up strings in various places, but it lets me view all of Jean-Luc's problematic mails. It requires recent GMime (g_mime_set_user_charsets, to be specific), which reflects Jeff's efforts along the same lines. I'd be interested to hear if it helps with your spam mails!

Yes, this appears to help, I just rebuilt Balsa against gmime 2.2.8 and your patch, and it's not crashing anymore.

The mails I could crash balsa with weren't spams, btw. As broken as they are, they are actually legitimate mails sent by Invision Power Board. I'm not sure if IPB is still as broken as it was, and have no quick way to check as that board doesn't exist anymore, but hopefully by now they've fixed things.

Thanks for looking into this!

Regards,

		Nuno