gtk+ version poll

Hi,

Most recent GNOME deprecates GnomeDruid widget that we use for the setup wizard. It is being replaced by the GtkAssistant widget. The user-visible change is that the latter one is only available in gtk+-2.10 and more recent. I have ported the wizard now only to realize that I cannot compile any more the code on my laptop which comes with gtk+-2.6 :).

The question I would like to ask: is it worth to keep the old code around? What gtk+ versions are being used nowadays? I wouldn't like to keep the old code around just for my laptop's sake.

Pawel