Re: Fwd: Re: locks up

On 2007-08-19 21:07, Pawel Salek wrote:
> I have got a question from a user whether there is a more recent
> balsa available under Ubuntu. Anybody here knows the answer?

Hi Pawel,

Ubuntu "Dapper Drake" ships Balsa 2.3.8, yes, but more recent versions
like "Edgy Eft" or "Feisty Fawn" ship 2.3.13.

Since Dapper Drake is LTS (long term support), I believe it might be
possible to ask for the backporting of 2.3.13. To whoever asked the
original question, please check https://launchpad.net/dapper-backports

But it's extremely easy to self compile Balsa on a Dapper Drake box (in
fact I'm writing from such a box with the latest SVN head):

# apt-get build-dep balsa

Now you have everything you need, just grab the source from Balsa's
homepage, untar, ./configure with the appropriate options and make.

For reference, I believe that Ubuntu's Balsa is built with --disable-
smime --with-compface --with-gpgme --with-gss --with-gtkspell --with-
ldap --with-sqlite --with-ssl

Hope this helps.

		Nuno
--