Re: Some hints for usability improvements

Am 2006.02.11 21:46 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
On 01/19/2006 04:23:03 PM Thu, Mişu Moldovan wrote:
[ snip ]
6) In both Sylpheed MUA's it's possible to set up the folder pane to only show the folders and the number of new mails in parantheses along side the folder's name. No need to display the whole list of statistics just to see how many new mails you have in a specific IMAP sub-folder. As a side note, I got to distrust the new status of IMAP subfolders in Balsa especially with some (maybe broken) IMAP servers like Exchange.

Code in cvs now uses this type of display when "Show mailbox statistics..." is disabled. I'm using it, and it does give a cleaner look!

Nice and clean!

7) Sylpheed Claws manages to briliantly organize the multitude
of options from Sylpheed preferences in a window with chapters
and subchapters on the left side (no more sub-tabs in a tab of
the Preferences window).

Current cvs uses this arrangement--also a clean look.

Really an improvement! I like it.
Only the first page (the one with the servers) looks a little bit odd. It's to narrow and should automatically expand to the width of the window.

Hope you like it!

For sure :)

While reading all this usability stuff I rememberer one thing that is really getting on my nerves for ages. I like toolbars on the left. Balsa remembers this until the next restart if no other window (View/ Write Msg) was opened in this session. But if you open such a window this seems to overwrite the setting.

Peter

cu
/Steffen

--
 /"\
 \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    |  "The best way to predict