Re: balsa GUI problems/suggestions

On 29.06.2006 18:45:27, Ildar Mulyukov wrote:
And some more.
10. Edit -> Reflow selected text "works" even if none of the text selected. Makes weird thing sometimes.

11. Add an option to bring the wain window on top (if it was minimized, etc.). E.g. when a new mail arrived, I can make balsa open the Inbox (balsa -i), but cannot raise it.

12. "Letter->Pipe through" misses From header and '\n' before it (like From spam spam Tue Jun 20 16:35:21 2006). This is when I use maildir. The idea here is to push a message into a spam folder or spamassassin with just a few keypresses. The original idea is from spamassassin doc:
  - If you get spammed, it is helpful to everyone else if you re-run
    spamassassin with the "-r" option to report the message in question
    as "verified spam".  This will add it to Vipul's Razor, DCC and
    Pyzor, assuming you've set these up appropriately.

      spamassassin -r < spam-message

    If you use mutt as your mail reader, this macro will bind the X key
    to report a spam message.

      macro index X "| spamassassin -r"

    This is, of course, optional -- but you'll get lots of good-netizen
    karma. ;)

13. Quoting flow control: When writing a message, balsa perfectly handles quoted text:
bla-bla
If the text goes longer then 72 chars, balsa makes a new line started with '>'. But unfortunately it doesn't work, when I have '>>', '>>>', '>>>>', etc.

Thanks for the great work! I know that making GUI program perfect is the hard task. But being optimistic I will expect for a new release :)

With great respect, Ildar.
--
Ildar  Mulyukov,
  free SW designer/programmer/packager